Wednesday marked the conclusion of the 2020 NHL Entry draft, and the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds were well represented with four players drafted. Ryan O’Rourke was slated as a first-rounder, but had to wait one more day to hear his name. Jaromir Pytlik, Tanner Dickinson and Rory Kerins would also get to share the virtual experience with their captain; being drafted into the National Hockey League.
- Ryan O’Rourke was selected in the second round, 39th overall by the Minnesota Wild.
- Jaromir Pytlik was selected in the fourth round, 99th overall by the New Jersey Devils.
- Tanner Dickinson was selected in the fourth round, 119th overall by the St. Louis Blues.
- Rory Kerins was selected in the sixth round, 174th overall by the Calgary Flames.
Draft eligible players not selected:
- Czech goaltender Nick Malik, who was ranked 10th among North American goaltenders.
- Robert Calisti, who was ranked 78th among North American skaters.
- Tye Karyte, who was ranked 192nd among North American skaters.