Pytlik, O’Rourke Among Greyhounds Selected In NHL Draft
Wednesday marked the conclusion of the 2020 NHL Entry draft, and the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds were well represented with four players drafted. Ryan O’Rourke was slated as a first-rounder, but had to wait one more day to hear his name. Jaromir Pytlik, Tanner Dickinson and Rory Kerins would also get to share the virtual experience with their captain; being drafted into the National Hockey League.
- Ryan O’Rourke was selected in the second round, 39th overall by the Minnesota Wild.
- Jaromir Pytlik was selected in the fourth round, 99th overall by the New Jersey Devils.
- Tanner Dickinson was selected in the fourth round, 119th overall by the St. Louis Blues.
- Rory Kerins was selected in the sixth round, 174th overall by the Calgary Flames.
Draft eligible players not selected:
- Czech goaltender Nick Malik, who was ranked 10th among North American goaltenders.
- Robert Calisti, who was ranked 78th among North American skaters.
- Tye Karyte, who was ranked 192nd among North American skaters.